Monday, December 18, 2006

Home for the holidays

As much fun as Christmas was in Bangalore last year, I've decided to head home this year for the holidays. It’s about time I get an opportunity to relax, and enjoy the 3 B's.

Beef
Beer
Bowl Games

Tomorrow morning, at 6:45 AM I will get BACK on British Airlines Flight 118 to London (for the second time in a week) and then another 8.5 hours to Chicago, where I will be meeting my parents for a dinner at Ruth's Chris...man, a steak in simmering butter accompanied by a glass of good red wine sounds nothing short of a dream come true.

On Wednesday (20th), I head back to Chicago to meet with a few of my best friends from college who I haven't seen in almost a year. This is sure to be a tame evening.

On Thursday (21st), I head to the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field to see the Packers take on the Vikings with my dad and uncle, two men who clearly understand the necessity to stay warm in low temperatures through the imbibing of alcohol. Hey, it may sound like a throw-away game, but both of these teams at 6 - 8 are technically still in the race for the playoffs. I'll get to tailgate with my longtime roommate Jim, just like old times. However, this will be quite a longtime of old times. He wants to begin tailgating 4 hours before the game. Of course, we're spending the night.

Friday (22nd), nothing planned but a day of healing. Then again it's Friday. This is a GTD (game time decision).

That's really all I got right now, but it's a damn good start to what will be an awesome few weeks. Seeing as there will be a healthy amount of partying, I've gone ahead and purchased myself an insurance policy for the time I'm home. This is obviously a good decision for many reasons, but I figure with my planned schedule of activities that includes a hotel room in Chicago on New Years, getting 18 days of $50,000 coverage for 1200 rupees ($25ish) is a bargain I can't afford to pass up.

3 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MESSAGE

 
At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sony digital camera dsc



digital slr camera



hewlett packard digital camera


camera digital pixtreme underwater

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog - direct travel insurance. A new site has been launched with plenty of bargain holidays to choose from. Bookmark http://www.bargainplace.co.uk not just for bargain holidays but for flights and transport to and from airports plus travel insurance deals and holiday clothes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home