Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Taj Mahal Pics

I wasn't sure if I was going to see the Taj Mahal before I left India, and to tell you the truth, I was never that broken up about it. There are so many places on my list that I need to see before I leave India in the next 3 - 6 months, I just didn't see Agra (where the Taj is) making it. After all, I've seen maybe a thousand pictures.

Missing it would have been a mistake. It's not one of the 7 Wonders of the World for nothing. Here is a photo tour of my trip to Agra:

The entrance to the Taj Mahal compound, where it costs a foreigner 750 rupees (about $18) and a native Indian 20 rupees (45 cents)

This is the main entrance to the gardens

The Taj Mahal from the main entrance in the last picture

From the steps inside the gardens


Some guy blocking my view of the Taj.

One of the two identical mosques on either side of the Taj Mahal

A river runs behind it

All of the Islamic script is inlaid marble. Sounds boring, but really pretty cool when you actually see it.

From the front of the Taj Mahal towards the entrance to the gardens.


My whole reason for being in Delhi was to play with a rock band, and I'm waiting to get those pics. I'll post those this week before I head to Delhi and then to Chennai to play a couple more shows.

4 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

One of the amazing things of the block containing Islamic scripts is that it has been corrected to avoid perpective convergence. The border of the blocks looks parallel to each other even though they run to a distance. Visual explanation will make this thing clear.

Looking for more pictures, Nate :)

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger E(Liz)a(Beth) said...

Hi, Nate. My husband and I just moved to Bangalore recently. I just happened to stumble on your blog while trying to find a bar to watch either baseball or football. (Is that a pipe dream?) Just wanted to say hi.

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

e(liz)a(beth),

Baseball and American football (in India, soccer is called football) do indeed sound like pipe dreams, but you can always watch cricket.

Anonymous

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Agra is heaven.Hotels in Agra are a wonderful respite for any visitor.I vouch for the fact that Agra hotels are a wonderful comfort zone for any tourist,be it from India or elsewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home